Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Making Pizza

Yes that's right homemade pizza. Believe it or not pizza is not difficult to make. Here is how I make my whole wheat pizza...

Crust Ingredients: yeast, dissolved in 1 & 1/4 cups warm water, add 2 tbs oil, 1 & 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 2 tbs sugar, 1/2 tsp salt and 2 cups of all purpose flour. Mix and knead the dough for roughly 6 min until the dough is smooth and elastic. Put dough in a covered bowl leave in a warm place for 20-30 mins.

While the dough sits is the perfect time to prepare your toppings. I like to cut up tomatoes, zucchini, broccoli and or other vegetables it is your choice. I also like to add some meat to my pizzas. I saute finely chopped bacon and chicken pieces together and sometimes some ground beef. Every pizza can be different.

To make it easier I mix all of the chopped vegetables together in a bowl and add 2 tbs of olive oil with some spices. Italian spice works well but you can add whatever flavours you like.

I use tomato sauce with some brown sugar mixed in as the first layer on the pizza. I then add the seasoned vegetables followed by the sauteed meat and finally some grated cheese.

For the cheese I like to use various types of cheeses blended together.

20 mins in a 420 degree oven and the pizza is ready to be devoured.

No comments: